Teacher's Corner (267)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Project Prime Survey , Implementing the 8 Practices

This is a survey the team of teachers from my school came up with for the goal of implementing practice 1: Make sense of problems and perse…

Started by Claudia Heinrich

0 Oct 25, 2012

TI-Nspire Navigator Workshop

I am working with David Sword at Wayne RESA to put on a workshop using the TI-Nspire Navigator system.  We put the workshop together based…

4 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Laura Baugh

Grading Rubrics

We were discussing creating and using rubrics in groups today. Our group used the website http://rubistar.4teachers.org to create our rubri…

Started by Karen Reagan

4 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Arthur Weiss

Implementing the Eight Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice

How are you planning on getting your students to buy into the 8 standards for mathematical practice? I am going to try a carousal where I p…

0 Aug 23, 2012

Common Core LiveBinder Highlight: Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP)

Yesterday I introduced you to a one-stop shopping website - Danielle Seabold's LiveBinder - for all things Common Core and promised to high…

Started by Judy Wheeler

1 Aug 20, 2012
Reply by Sean Karsten

A Humorous Critique of Khan Academy Math Videos

My sides were splitting after watching this video starring Michigan's own renowned mathematics education professors from Grand Valley Unive…

Started by Judy Wheeler

0 Aug 18, 2012

+Plus Magazine - 101 Uses of the Quadratic, Conditional Probability, Truncated Octahedrons and More!

I have just discovered +Plus Magazine, an e-magazine that opens a door to the world of maths, with all its beauty and applications, by prov…

Started by Judy Wheeler

0 Aug 18, 2012

Teacher Channel Video's on Implementing Common Core in High School and Middle School

I know that the Teacher Channel website has been introcuced before in the A4A Forum. It is a website with many video clips of teachers enga…

Started by Judy Wheeler

0 Aug 18, 2012

Detroit Area Council of Teachers of Mathematics Fall Conference

The Detroit Area Teachers of Mathematics (DACTM) sponsors a Fall Conference every year.  Here is the link. DACTM   It is a very good confer…

0 Aug 16, 2012

Get the Math Web-Resource that Combines Real-World Video Scenarios with Interactive Challenges

Here's a fantastic website for your students that you have just got to preview. Trust me, they will be motivated! Get the Math combines vid…

Started by Judy Wheeler

0 Aug 16, 2012

RSS

© 2018   Created by MVU Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service