All Discussions Tagged 'functions' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Function Sort

This Lesson involves students matching symbolic rules to tables and graphs.  The family of functions we are focusing on are Linear, Quadrat…

Started by Jan Luft

2 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Madelyne D. Bettis

Piecewise Function - Cell Phone Activity

Lesson Title: Piecewise Function Cell Phone Activity Authors: Anna Koglin, Terri Malane, Amie Stillson, Laura Nurnberg Subject Area: Algebr…

Started by Laura Nurnberg

1 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Claudia Heinrich

Composite Functions (coupons)

Compostite Functions using coupons Authors:  Dave Finkbeiner and John French Topic: Performing Function Operations and Composition 

Started by JOHN FRENCH

0 Jun 26, 2013

Investigating Graphs of Quadratic Functions

This is an introductory activity that I use as a preview to the chapter on graphing quadratics. I assign the activity before beginning the…

Started by Claudia Heinrich

2 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Jeanette Lynn Stein

5 Day Mini- Unit- Quadratics

This mini-unit involves the learning of quadratic functions.  Students will work on an egg launch activity. Title: 5 Day Mini-Unit-Quadrati…

Started by Jennifer Crawford

0 Aug 19, 2012

Shapes of Polynomial Graphs

Lesson on graphing polynomial functions.   Authors: Renee' Yake and Michelle Herman

Started by Britt Slade

1 Aug 16, 2012

Students= Linear Equation

Title: Students=Linear Equation Author: Andrea Minor Subject Area: Algebra Topic: Linear Equations HSCEs: A3.1.3,A2.4.3,A2.3.3, A2.3.2, A2.…

Started by Andrea B. Minor

6 Aug 16, 2012

Why we need Quadratic functions and how to get there. 5 day plan.

Title: Why we need Quadratic functions and how to get there. 5 day plan Author(s):  Barb Greenman Subject Area: Algebra Topic: Function fam…

Started by Barb Greenman

0 Aug 12, 2012

40 Years From Now

I found a lesson on line today when I was searching for some exponential activities. It looks like it actually requires students to decide…

Started by Barbara Assenmacher

3 Jul 22, 2012
Reply by Kevin Percy

Project: Go Fish for Linear Functions!

This game requires you, the teacher, to create decks of cards for students to use. The game is played like Go Fish and gets students to mat…

Started by Jennie Carolan

19 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by Heidi Ellsworth

RSS

© 2017   Created by MVU Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service