All Discussions Tagged 'quadratic' (43)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Function Sort

This Lesson involves students matching symbolic rules to tables and graphs.  The family of functions we are focusing on are Linear, Quadrat…

Started by Jan Luft

2 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Madelyne D. Bettis

Quadratic Function Forms Puzzle Map

This is an old fashioned cutting a paste activity for my tactile learners.  It is a puzzle map where students have to match the different f…

Started by Claudia Heinrich

0 Apr 28, 2013

Graphing Quadratic Functions

This lesson has 3 handouts that I use to summarize the big ideas on graphing quadratic functions.  The first handout is a sorting activity…

0 Apr 28, 2013

Investigating Graphs of Quadratic Functions

This is an introductory activity that I use as a preview to the chapter on graphing quadratics. I assign the activity before beginning the…

2 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Jeanette Lynn Stein

Function Families - Algebra 2

I put this together as a beginning of the 2nd semester activity for my Algebra 2 classes.  I wanted the students to become familiar with gr…

0 Feb 5, 2013

Distinguishing Families of Functions - with real life applications

Title:  Distinguishing Families of Functions - with real life applications Authors:  Kevin Klein, Joyce Thompson - Shelby; Cheryl Hollinswo…

Started by KC Mowrey

3 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Sandra Anselm

5 Day Mini- Unit- Quadratics

This mini-unit involves the learning of quadratic functions.  Students will work on an egg launch activity. Title: 5 Day Mini-Unit-Quadrati…

Started by Jennifer Crawford

0 Aug 19, 2012

Function Sort and Organizational Chart

Extensions:   For struggling learners, use fewer cards.   For average students, pull out one card per group and have students create the mi…

Started by Andrew Whipple

1 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Claudia Heinrich

Why we need Quadratic functions and how to get there. 5 day plan.

Title: Why we need Quadratic functions and how to get there. 5 day plan Author(s):  Barb Greenman Subject Area: Algebra Topic: Function fam…

Started by Barb Greenman

0 Aug 12, 2012

40 Years From Now

I found a lesson on line today when I was searching for some exponential activities. It looks like it actually requires students to decide…

Started by Barbara Assenmacher

3 Jul 22, 2012
Reply by Kevin Percy

RSS

© 2017   Created by MVU Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service