I have been working on creating a work space for my Common Core Algebra 1 Class for next year. It is certainly a work in progress, but I am finding a great community of educators to collaborate with during this process. I have and will be adding lessons from the Algebra4All website and wanted to share with everyone what I have been working on.

For a status report of where I am in the process of this endeavor please feel free to read my newsletter here. It shares assessment and organization resources that I will be using through out this process. While you are there, please feel free to sign up to receive future mailings. 

The website is Algebra1Teachers.com. The focus is Common Core, great assessments, transition form State Standards to Common Core, great lessons, and organization. 

One last idea....

This video was shown by my local ISD describing the Common Core. Please know that it is worth the two minutes. 

http://youtu.be/OXc5ltzKq3Y

Maybe if we work together, we can make this a great transition.

Tags: 1, algebra, assessments, common_core, firehose, lesson, plans

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a great website. Thank you! I am looking forward to having time this summer to explore your resources.

I have come up with assessments for the first unit. Please feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

http://eepurl.com/ngar1

Thanks,

Jeanette

Wow!  You have put together a wonderful resource for all algebra teachers!  Thanks so much for all the work you have put into this.  I will be referring to your site often throughout the year.  I just finished looking through unit 1 and playing the games.  I never realized all of the resources that are available- I guess I have some big time exploring to do the rest of my summer!

Jennifer, 

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am planning on putting more lessons into the units in the upcoming weeks. Feel free to come back :)

I am so glad you found it helpful. 

Jeanette

The first semester is almost completely populated with lessons. Feel free to come take a look.

We looked at your website at the DACTM conference.  Thank you for sharing your resources.

RSS

© 2017   Created by MVU Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service