Overview

Using two spinners numbered 2-9, students will play Bingo using the product of the two spinners.

We used a virtual spinner, putting two windows side by side to generate the two spins.

Initially some boards will contain numbers where certain Bingos are impossible.  While playing, students should begin to realize that certain boards are unfair, then students will work to develop a winning Bingo board using their knowledge of products, factors, and probability.

***Please note...there are 15 pre-made boards and one blank board in the spreadsheet.  Each shows up as a separate worksheet tab in the spreadsheet.***

Title:  Let's go for a Spin!

Authors:  Jennifer Pera, Jeffers HS;  Emily Carpenter, Ontonagon HS; Maureen Schick, Lake Linden-Hubbell HS.

Subject Area:  Middle School Math

Topic:  probability, factors, products

CCSS:

Mathematical Practice Standards:

MP3 Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.

MP1 Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.

MP2 Reason abstractly and quantitatively.

Tags: 2013, MiddleGradesMath, PRIME, Project, TTLP, bingo, factors, games, probability, summer

Views: 342

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool Project !!  We had fun playing bingo and a good group discussion followed afterward regarding factors and probability. 

What a great lesson idea! I am excited to use this with my students this fall. The trial run went really well. :-)

This was a really neat "spin" on bingo which I think that kids would really enjoy and provide a good understanding of factors, domain and probability.

Good, fun project. It can be used in many ways and many levels. Thanks

Did this as a warmup for the first days of class...great way to start the year out.

RSS

© 2017   Created by MVU Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service